Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pajero Cold Start Issue Introduction

G'day All,

Well if you are here you are most likely researching for solutions / symptoms regarding the nortorious Diesel Engine Cold Start Issue. As you will know, this issue is not just specific to Pajero's. Actually all diesel motors will experience cold start issues at one time or another.

Earlier research on a number of forums indicate that it is a notorious Injection Pump Seal issue that the Pajero 2.8 Diesel experience. But there are a fair number of other causes documented as well. So Instead of me jumping to the conclusion that its the seal, the purpose of this blog is to document my research and knowledge I've gained while diagnosing my Pajero's Diesel Cold Start problem.

If you, while on your search for anwsers, find any information you think should be added here to help others please let me know :)


The Legal Stuff:

Before we get started or too far into all the fun, this information is by no means the word of a Qualified Mechanic. I'm bar far a Qualified Mechanic, I'm just a simple bloke who is not afraid to get his hands dirty and tinker with electrical / mechanical objects as long as I have a reasonable manual, guide / HOWTO.

So please make sure that you understand that anything said in this blog, by me or anyone, that you accept that myself and anyone else that posts information on this blog do not take responsibily or liable for any damage that this information may cause to yourself or engine / vehicle.

No comments: