Monday, August 4, 2008

Farking Hell - The Cold Start is Back!!

Guys,

1 day after posting my "Its Looking Good!" post the car had a hiccup rough idle gave it a rev and all was good, and so I shrugged it off. The next day and almost every odd day since the Engine is back to stalling unless I prime it. So time to continue with the tests:

  1. Firstly I'm going to go back over all the hoses and doubly / triply make sure that they are tight after settling.

  2. Fuel Pickup pipes and Gauze mess Give that a clean.

  3. Blow out the fuel lines make sure nothing is obstructing the flow of fuel

  4. Maybe look at replacing the fuel filter in case I'm unlucky and an obstruction has formed in there.

  5. Reassess my thoughts on having to do the Fuel Pump Seals.



On the bright side, it will keep me entertained a little while longer :) As usual I'll keep you all posted on my tests and results doing one thing at a time till I sort it.

But as I sit here and think, (pray more like it) and shaking my head, I'm still positive its not the seals. I just had 3 weeks of no issues during plenty of -5 degree C cold frosty mornings. Hopefully one of the new pipes clamps just needs a little tightening or the fuel filter has got clogged (please god not with oil ??????)

Regards
Mark

No comments: