Sunday, July 27, 2008

Progress Report on Fixing Paddy - Its Looking Good!

Guys,

Its nearly been 3 weeks since I've had my Cold Start Issue since replacing the Spill-Over Pipe/Hose. Let me tell you, that It feels GREAT!!! being able to jump into the Pajero and knowing / having the confidence grow again that it will start and not STALL without holding my breath.

At this stage I'm feeling confident that the spill over pipe was definitely a major source of air leak into the fuel system, as it was the last item to be tested / replaced which appears to have cured my cold start problem. But I would like to remind everyone that I have now replaced all fuel hoses, so there is every chance that I had multiple air leaks (They were probably the original hoses so that would make them near 13 yr old) so if simply replacing the spill over pipe for you doesn't solve your issue then don't despair until you have replace all fuel hoses and performed all the tests I'd performed.

Another point I'd like to make/stress is that that this Spill-Over pipe/hose does need to be securely clamped down. For this particular pipe/hose being 4mm the auto / motor and hardware stores near me did not have EFI / hose clamps to securely tighten a 4mm I/D hose which had a O/D of about 6-7mm, most if not all stores indicated that I wouldn't need a clamp for a hose this size.

But you have to trust me on this as clamp that FUCKER down. I was finally able to get a couple of proper hose clamps from a Hose and Clamp store here in Fyshwick, Canberra:

AUSHOSE
83- 85 Gladstone St
Fyshwick ACT 2609

ph: (02) 6280 4777


I still have a couple more tests to try, and am intending on doing still doing them, since I've done everything else it would be a shame to leave these items/things unchecked. As I get round to doing them I'll add a bit of a blog about them just in case it will help you out.

I'm going to give it another few weeks before I call it, and sigh a sign of releif that it wasn't my fuel pump seals.

Thats all for now folks

Mark

No comments: