Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress Report on Fixing Paddy - Test 13

Well still no joy, however definitely feels like I have more power after cleaning out the fuel vapor check valve. So after giving it a couple of days I decided to go on to Test 13.

13. This test dealt with the fuel spillover pipe / hose which is connected to the Injector Spill Rail (at the 2nd cylinder injector) back into the fuel injector pump with a small 4mm I/D pipe / hose. This should have been looked at and replaced during Test #6 when checking / replace the fuel hoses, but hey better late than never !.




The old spillover hose as can be seen above was fairly rock hard especially the ends. I don't blame it as where it is positioned is millimeters from the hot engine. After changing the hose and cleaning up the little fuel leak on the pavers, I took it was a 10km drive to give it a good run and leave it sit overnight.

Fingers crossed - Lets see how this does.

Mark

No comments: